If you rent your home or commercial property, you know how how time consuming basic tasks like maintenance, applicant screening, showings and renter relationship management can be. When you own several properties or live out of state, these tasks become even more difficult. This puts a strain on your time, your energy, and your nerves.
Working with a property management company can help alleviate these stresses so you can get back to doing what you enjoy doing. We work with rental home owners, “plex” owners, property owners, homeowner associations and condo associations to save them time and minimize their property-related headaches. Could we do the same for you? Here are 5 reasons we’ve found that clients decide to work with a property management company like EQWEST.
- You don’t have to stress over details. You know how people say, The devil is in the details? This is especially true in complex fields like real estate. Staying on top of laws and book-keeping can become a nightmare, especially if you are not a naturally detail-oriented person. Unless you love crunching numbers and translating legalese, you’ll want to leave the details to a seasoned professional.
- You don’t have to be a people person. Does picking up the phone to call a renter fill you with anxiety? Are you not able to effectively be the ‘bearer-of-bad-news’? Do you have a hard time turning away tenants that you know are a bad fit? When you work with a top-notch property management company, you get the best of both worlds – a dispassionate, unemotional decision maker with a vested interest in your property. You’ll never have to deal with awkward or heated conversations with tenants again. For condominium and homeowner association clients, we work as a knowledgeable advisor mitigating the needs of the association as a whole and its individual members. We’re in attendance at every association board meeting, helping to minimize politics and get important things done.
- You don’t have to panic over emergencies. In an ideal world, you’d get a star renter settled in and hear from them once a month when they send their rent check. Unfortunately, there are things like appliance failures, pest infestation, mold growth, and other issues that come up and it’s your responsibility to deal with them. On the more extreme end, kitchen fires, break-ins and other emergencies are emotionally taxing and require more immediate and aggressive management. How do you handle these issues? Working with a property management company shortens your contingency plan to a single line: “Let the property management company handle it.”
- You don’t have to lose sleep thinking about far-away properties. A good property management company like EQWEST can take care of your property regardless of where you are located. We’ll be your eyes and ears in the area. If your property or tenants encounter a problem, we have no issue stepping away from the phone to pay a personal visit. Resolving your property issues quickly and effectively – wherever you choose to go – is our specialty.
- You don’t have to worry about hiring quality home care professionals. Need repairs? Don’t waste time scouring Google, Yelp and Angie’s list praying to find a professional who shows up on time and fixes the problem. As a property management company, we shoulder the responsibility of finding the right people for the job and making sure they perform promptly, professionally and cost-effectively..
Not convinced working with a property management company is the way to go? Leave any questions you have in the comments. We’re happy to address them.
If you’re ready to save the time, money, and occasional headache managing your rentals, contact us today.